Working permits 5min

A person may need permits before starting work in Finland. The permits required depend on the person’s situation. For example, a person can apply for a residence permit on the basis of entrepreneurship or employment. Generally,the application must be sent before moving to Finland if you are not trying to extend a valid residence permit. There are many residence permits based on employment and it depends on the type of work the applicant intends to do. The application process can take several months, so the faster it is done, the better.

It is possible to extend the validity of the permit if the person finishes studies and wishes to remain in Finland as a worker. If the person already has a job, can the permit be extended for a maximum of four years, and if not, can the person get permission to look for work. It lasts one year and must be applied for before the study permit expires.

Asylum seekers can be employed without any separate permit after either three or six months after the asylum application. Asylum seekers can then seek for an employment-based residence permit if they come to work.

Create free account, follow your progress and redeem prizes

Tämä sisältö on vain jäsenille

Start your light entrepreneur journey here!

Register with facebook